Thursday, September 8, 2011

Martha's spiced apple cupcakes


I'm a very straightforward person. So straightforward, in fact, that I sometimes leave people blinking heavily and gasping for air. If you have parsley stuck in your teeth, I'll tell you. If you are rude to me or someone else, I'll tell you. If you burn dinner and you ask me what I think, I'll tell you it's burned. I'm being honest. I'm stating facts. I'm not trying to offend you. Oh, and btw, it's rude to stare at my teeth when I have food stuck in them. Just tell me! :)

And I made applesauce-spice cupcakes the other day. They smell like Christmas, they taste like Christmas, and they look like autumn. Mmmmm....


MARTHA STEWART'S APPLESAUCE-SPICE CUPCAKES WITH 
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

adapted from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes and The Hummingbird Bakery's Cake Days


makes 24 yummy cupcakes

line 2 muffin trays with paper cases


ingredients:

2 cups  flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
a pinch of ground cloves
1/2 cup  butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups apple sauce
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped

directions:

Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F or Gas mark 4).

In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the apple sauce. Mix until well combined. Add all the dry ingredients and stir. Divide between the 24 muffin cases and bake for about 20 minutes.
Let cool on a wire rack.

For the cream cheese frosting cream 100g butter with 600g icing sugar. Add 225g cold cream cheese. Stir until well combined. Spread on the cooled cupcakes.

If you want to make the apple decoration use red food colouring for the cream cheese, pretzel sticks for the stem and green fondant to make the leaves.

This recipe is linked to: A Well-Seasoned Life, From Mess Hall to Bistro, This week's cravings, Delectable Tuesday,
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
Muffin Monday, Momtrends Friday Food, Sweet as Sugar Cookies

4 Comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

This looks like a glorious back to school or fall treat. I can almost smell it on the post. I hope you'll take a moment and share this post on Momtrends at our Friday Food linky here:

http://www.momtrends.com/2011/09/lake-como-food-highlights/

Kathryn said...

These are fabulous! Thanks so much for linking them up at Muffin Monday!

Natasha in Oz said...

If it smells like Christmas I am making these ASAP! It's only 104 days away yo know!!

Thanks so much for posting this recipe.

Best wishes and happy weekend,
Natasha.

Dani said...

die sehen traumhaft schön aus! Und apple spice ist natürlich immer super ;)

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...